Confirmed Speakers so far
Prof. Miriam Were
Advisor to Rwanda Global Healthcare Summit
Prof. Miriam WereAdvisor to Rwanda Global Healthcare Summit
Prof Were was also honored with the following awards;
- Elder of the Order of the Burning Spear (EBS), 2005 – Kenya.
- Medal of the Italian Cabinet, 2006 – Italy.
- Queen Elizabeth II Gold Medal for Outstanding Contributions to International Public Health and Supporting the health needs of disadvantaged people, 2007 United Kingdom.
- Légion d'honneur, Chevalier, 2008 — France. Former France’s President Nicolas Sarkozy signed a decree conferring upon Prof Were the title of Knight in the National Order of the Legion of Honour. The highest French order of merit for military and civil merits, established in 1802 by Napoleon Bonaparte and retained by all later French governments and régimes.
- Distinguished Career Award, 2015 – William Penn University. Oskaloosa
As a graduate of William Penn College, in Oskaloosa, Iowa, Prof. Were began a career with a focus on helping others. With a degree in Natural Sciences and postgraduate Diploma in Education, she taught high school chemistry and biology before medical studies.
Rev. Millie McCarty
Founder and CEO, Ohio CSWMFT Board
Rev. Millie McCartyFounder and CEO, Ohio CSWMFT Board
Graduating Cum Laude from Defiance College with a B.A. Degree in Religious Education, Millie went on to receive her M.A Degree in Guidance and Counseling from The Ohio State University in 1981 and became a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor in 1985.
Widely known in Ohio as a counselor and teacher, Millie’s background as a Director of Christian Education and Parenting Educator prepared her well as the founder of Lighthouse Counseling Services, directing this major therapy system for 20 years and writing her first publication, The Pathfinder; A Pathway of hope for troubled lives; A quick reference and intervention guide for pastors, counselors, doctors and other caregivers. Just before retiring, Millie began to write her second book on all that God had taught her during her years of counseling severe abuse clients. It was 2002 that Millie’s book compiling all the major teachings she had learned and put into her “new model”. This book, Pathways to Hope and Healing (PHH), was copyrighted in 2002 with a Children’s Workbook, and a Teacher’s Guide for Teachers of Children.
Dr Jean Chrysostome Nyirinkwaya
Owner and Founder of La Croix du Sud Hospital, Kigali-Rwanda
Dr Jean Chrysostome NyirinkwayaOwner and Founder of La Croix du Sud Hospital, Kigali-Rwanda
Career Summary (as Gynecologist Obstetrician)
- Provide medical attention for women during menstrual periods, conception, pregnancy, birth and post-partum stages.
- Discuss with expectant mothers about reproductive health, child birth procedures, and other maternal concerns.
- Monitor reproductive health conditions and treatment progress and document findings and observations.
- Re-evaluate treatment programs as necessary.
- Assist parents to increase tolerance in labor pains.
- Determine if normal or caesarian childbirth is in order.
- Perform cesarean sections as may be needed to preserve both mother’s and baby’s health.
- Keep abreast with developments in the discipline.
- Perform many Gynecological Operations (Hysterectomy, Myomectomy…)
- Management of infertility Cases
Experienced Medical doctor and Public Health Physician bringing over 8
years of experience and expertise to growing organisation.
Proven leader and successful in developing teams focused on patient care,
clinical quality improvement and patient outcomes.
My expertise and areas of interests are Family planning, Sexual and
reproductive health, Tuberculosis, STI/HIV/AIDS, tropical and infectious
diseases, Vaccine and Vaccinology, Travel medicine, migration health (
Immigrants and refugee health assessment) etc.
Dr Consolata Wambui MUREITHI
Head of School of Nursing, Kigali Campus for Mount Kenya University
Dr Consolata Wambui MUREITHIHead of School of Nursing, Kigali Campus for Mount Kenya University
She has attained the followingDoctor of Literature and Philosophy in Health StudiesUniversity of South Africa, 2010M.Ed.University of Wales, Cardiff, 1996Diploma in CounsellingAmani Counselling Society, Nairobi, 1989Diploma in Advanced Nursing & Community HealthUniversity of Nairobi; 1977 – 1979Diploma in Kenya Registered Midwife (KRM),Medical Training Centre, Nairobi, 1974Diploma - Kenya Registered Nurse (KRN)Medical Training Centre, Nairobi, 1971
In her achievements Dr Consolata Wambui MUREITHI has supervised many (40) thesis in Master Programme in Public Health some of the related to disaster preparedness and Management